An implant-supported bridge can replace three or more adjacent teeth without any reduction of healthy tooth structure to the neighboring teeth. The custom dental bridge is anchored permanently on both ends to dental implants.
Along with providing a strong and natural-looking zirconia restoration, an implant-supported bridge is also more stable than a conventional bridge, especially when replacing multiple missing teeth.
Often times, when missing more than 2 adjacent natural teeth, a removable partial denture is the only other alternative to replacing the teeth with implants. These removable partials do not have the same strength, fit, or comfort as an implant bridge.
Dental implant bridges have several advantages:
What are the pro’s and con’s of implants?
Pro’s of Implants
• They require little maintenance and can last a lifetime.
• Dental implants feel, look and function like a natural tooth.
• Not only do implants protect your jawbone, but they preserve and stimulate natural bone growth.
Con’s of Implants
• Dental implants take multiple visits since your bone takes time to heal. An entire implant procedure can take four to six months.
• The cost varies depending on the condition of your tooth and the number of implants you need.
Call Sioux Falls Dental Implant Center today at (605) 799-2929 for your free consultation to evaluate options for dental implant bridges in Sioux Falls, SD!